If you’ve got an iPhone or iPad, you’ve probably been in situations where you just want some peace and quiet, right? And if you’ve tried to find a way to stop all those buzzing notifications, you might have stumbled upon the “Do Not Disturb” mode. It’s great, but sometimes, you don’t want to miss everything. Maybe you just want a break from that one app that won’t stop bugging you, but still want to get texts from your best friend. Well, guess what? There’s a cool feature for that: Deliver Quietly!
What’s “Deliver Quietly” Anyway?
So, what magic does “Deliver Quietly” do? It lets you choose which apps should stay quiet and which ones can still buzz and beep. You get to be the boss of your notifications! No more putting your whole device into the silent mode with “Do Not Disturb” if you only want one or two apps to stop sending you notifications.
Here’s How to Turn It On
Turning this feature on is a piece of cake! When you get a notification on your lock screen, just slide it to the left. You’ll see an option that says ‘Manage.’ Tap on that, and then choose ‘Deliver Quietly.’ Yep, it’s that easy! You can also find this option in the Settings app of your device.
A Little History Lesson
Apple thought of this genius idea and added “Delivered Quietly” in their iOS 12 update. You could find and use it up to iOS 14. But if you’ve got the newest update, like iOS 15 or anything newer, you might notice it’s not in the same spot. Don’t worry, it’s still there, just hidden away a little!
Using “Deliver Quietly” in iOS 15 and Beyond
Alright, if you’ve updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 15 or a later version, the way to access “Deliver Quietly” is a tad different. But stick with me, and I’ll show you how to find it.
Now that you’re all caught up, let’s dive deeper into this feature and see how it can make your life a little less noisy.
What Does It Mean When iPhone Says ‘Deliver Quietly’?
Have you ever seen the term ‘Deliver Quietly’ pop up on your iPhone or iPad and wondered what in the world it means? Well, I’ve got you covered. Let’s break it down!
“Deliver Quietly” in Simple Terms
Imagine this: Your iPhone gets a message, but instead of loudly announcing its arrival with a buzz or a ding, it silently slips the message into a special place called the Notification Center. That’s what ‘Deliver Quietly’ does! Your phone stays silent and doesn’t vibrate, but the message is still there, waiting for you in the background.
Choosing Your Phone’s “Volume” for Each App
The beauty of the ‘Deliver Quietly’ feature is that you get to pick and choose which apps play it cool and quiet. So, let’s say you want to keep things hush-hush for your email notifications but still want to know immediately when someone texts you. With ‘Deliver Quietly’, you can do just that! Your emails will arrive silently, but your texts will still make a sound.
“Deliver Quietly” vs. “Do Not Disturb”: What’s the Difference?
You might be wondering how ‘Deliver Quietly’ is different from the “Do Not Disturb” mode. Here’s the scoop:
Do Not Disturb Mode: This is like putting earplugs in your iPhone. It won’t hear or notify you about anything, be it calls, texts, or other app notifications. It’s total silence.
‘Deliver Quietly’: It’s more selective. Only certain apps that you choose will stay quiet, while others can still get your attention.
To sum it up, ‘Deliver Quietly’ lets certain app notifications sneak into your phone without making a sound, while ‘Do Not Disturb’ tells all notifications to keep it down.
So, the next time your iPhone says ‘Deliver Quietly,’ you’ll know exactly what it’s talking about! 😉📱
How Do You Turn On Deliver Quietly?
So you want to enjoy the peace and quiet that “Deliver Quietly” brings without missing out on important notifications. Great choice! Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started.
For those using iOS 12 to 14:
- Slide and Decide: When you see a notification pop up, slide it to the left.
- Tap and Manage: You’ll see an option labeled ‘Manage.’ Go ahead and tap on that.
- Choose Quiet: Now, just select ‘Deliver Quietly,’ and you’re good to go!
For the folks on iOS 15 and newer:
- Into the Settings We Go: First, open up the Settings app on your device.
- Notification Central: Tap on ‘Notifications.’ Alternatively, you can also swipe left on any notification in the Notification Center.
- Options and More: Choose ‘Options’ and then tap on ‘View Settings.’
- Pick Your App: Now, select the app you want to receive hush-hush notifications from.
- Silence is Golden: Toggle off the ‘Sounds’ option.
- Lock Screen Magic: You’ll see a check mark next to ‘Lock Screen.’ Remove that check mark.
- Banner Alert: Click on ‘Banners’ and uncheck that too.
- Badge Options: If you don’t want those little red badge numbers bothering you, go ahead and turn badges off.
Once you’re done, you should see ‘Deliver Quietly’ written below the app’s name in the Notifications menu. This means the next time that app sends a notification, it’ll quietly sneak into the Notification Center without any buzz or ding.
Bonus: Quick Mute Options
- Want a short break from an app’s notifications? Swipe left on its notification, tap ‘Options,’ and choose:
- ‘Mute for 1 Hour’ if you need just a short breather.
- ‘Mute for Today’ for a day’s peace.
- If you ever think, “I’m done with these notifications!”, simply tap on ‘Turn Off.’ This will permanently keep that app’s notifications away.
Now, enjoy your moments of calm with “Deliver Quietly”! 🤫🔕
How Do You Turn Off Deliver Quietly?
Decided that you want your notifications loud and clear again? No problem! Let’s get those sounds back on. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to turn off “Deliver Quietly”.
For iOS 12 to 14 Users:
- Slide and See: On your lock screen, when you get a notification, slide it to the left.
- Tap into Control: You’ll spot the ‘Manage’ option. Give that a tap!
- Prominent Notifications: Now, just pick ‘Deliver Prominently.’ Your notifications will now come through with their usual sounds and vibes.
For Users on iOS 15 and Above:
- Hop into Settings: Open up the Settings app on your device.
- Notification Control: Hit ‘Notifications.’ Another way is to swipe left on a specific notification in the Notification Center.
- Dive Deeper with Options: Select ‘Options’ followed by ‘View Settings.’
- Pick the App: Now, choose the app you want your notifications loud and clear from.
- Bring the Noise Back: Switch the ‘Sounds’ toggle to ON.
- Lock Screen Alerts: Remove the check mark next to ‘Lock Screen.’
- Banner Buzz: Click on ‘Banners’ and put a check on it.
- Badge Alert: If you missed those little red numbers, you can turn badges back on too.
After these steps, “Deliver Quietly” won’t be hanging out below the app’s name in the Notifications section anymore. From now on, every time that app sends a notification, your phone will sing, buzz, or dance… or whatever it usually does! 🎵📣
Enjoy your notifications just the way you like ’em!
What Happens When You Use ‘Notify Anyway’?
Ever come across the “Notify Anyway” option and wondered what kind of superpowers it has? Let me break it down for you in simple terms.
What’s “Notify Anyway” All About?
Imagine your friend put their iPhone in “Do Not Disturb” mode. It’s like they’re saying, “I’m taking a little break from notifications right now.” But sometimes, you might have something really important to say. That’s where “Notify Anyway” steps in!
By choosing “Notify Anyway” when you send a message, you’re telling their iPhone, “Hey, this message is pretty important. Can you let them know?” And guess what? Their iPhone will make a sound, even if they’re in “Do Not Disturb” mode.
When to Use (and When Not to Use) “Notify Anyway”
This is a pretty cool trick, right? But with great power comes great responsibility!
- Be Considerate: Think of “Notify Anyway” as the emergency alarm. You wouldn’t sound it unless it’s really important. So, try not to disturb your friends unless it’s necessary.
- When in Doubt, Wait it Out: If you’re scratching your head, thinking, “Is this urgent enough?” – it might be best to hold off. Maybe your friend is studying, sleeping, or in a meeting. When they’re ready, they’ll check their phone and see your message.
So there you have it! Now you know how to let someone know when something’s urgent, but remember to use “Notify Anyway” wisely. 💌🔔
How to Turn Off Notify Anyway
So, you’d like some undisturbed peace without the “Notify Anyway” interruptions? Let’s dive right in and get that sorted for you.
1. Setting the Stage: Firstly, it’s important to know that there are different modes in the Focus feature: Work, Personal, and Do Not Disturb. You can tailor the settings for each mode based on your needs. But for now, let’s get “Notify Anyway” off the table.
2. Dive into Settings:
- Option A: Start by opening the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Option B: Alternatively, you can swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen to bring up the Control Center. Here, you’ll find a little icon that looks like a moon crescent (that’s the Focus icon). Tap on it, and then tap on ‘Focus.’
3. Choose Your Focus Mode: Now, select which mode you’d like to adjust – whether it’s Work, Personal, or the classic Do Not Disturb.
4. The Final Step: Here’s the magic button – turn off the toggle next to ‘Share Focus Status.’
What Did We Just Do? By switching off ‘Share Focus Status,’ you’re basically going incognito with your Focus mode. This means when you’re in Focus mode and someone tries to send you a message, they won’t see an option for “Notify Anyway.” Why? Because they won’t know you’re in Focus mode to begin with.
Remember: Adjusting this setting will affect the chosen Focus mode across all apps and messages.
You’ve now secured some peace and quiet without the “Notify Anyway” nudges. Enjoy your focused time, and feel free to change the settings whenever you like! 🌙📴
Wrapping It Up
In the ever-evolving world of technology, our iPhones offer a myriad of features to help balance connectivity with tranquility. “Notify Anyway” and Focus modes are prime examples of how Apple attempts to bridge urgent communication with the need for undisturbed moments.
However, the true essence of these features is to put control back in your hands. By understanding and tailoring them, you can design an experience that suits your lifestyle and preferences.
Whether you’re seeking uninterrupted focus or open channels of communication, the choice is yours. Here’s to smart technology and even smarter usage! 📱✌️